Jump to navigation Jump to search
Zapped is a 2014 American television film made for the Disney Channel.
A bright student and talented dancer struggling with changes in life, including a new family and school, finds a phone app that magically allows her to control boys.
Why It Sucks
- The movie basically has this feminist agenda as it portrays all of the male characters as disgusting and juvenile while female characters are portrayed as perfect angels. "And they said feminism is about gender equality!"
- Poor acting from Zendaya, Spencer Boldman, Emilia McCarthy etc.
- Clichéd and stereotypical characters.
- That annoying phone chime that plays WAY too frequently.
- The way the phone developed the power to control boys from being dropped into a bathtub of water, getting thrown out the window, sliding down a solar panel and landing in Humphrey's food bowl is really stupid.
- When Zoey and Rachael discover the phone's power to control boys, they assume that they can solve all world problems which are caused men according to the movie's implications.
- The reason why the phone app can't also control girls is because they're too "catty."
- Zoey challenges Taylor to a dance-off in the basketball court for the right to be the school's feature dance team which she plans to win by cheating.
- According to this movie, men are the one at fault and not Zoey.
- Taylor is a bland and rubbish villain.
- Unfunny jokes.
- Zoey's character development isn't that great as she spends most of the movie controlling the boys to do whatever she wants until the very end.
- Zoey and Jackson's chemistry is half-baked.
- Zoey herself is an extremely unlikeable character, plus she never gets karma for her actions.
- The idea of having an app that lets the user control people is interesting, but is sadly handled badly.
- There are some good moments in the movie.
- The movie first aired before the premiere of Girl Meets World.