Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings
Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings is a 2011 slasher film. It is the fourth film in the Wrong Turn franchise, and a prequel to the first three films.
A group of college students are forced to take shelter in an abandoned sanitarium, where they are hunted down by a group of inbreds that have taken it over.
Why It Sucks
- As a prequel, it contradicts the mutants' pasts as described in the previous films.
- It's also predictable; we know the inbreds can't die, since they appear in the later films.
- Terrible acting from pretty much everyone.
- Inane dialogue.
- The main characters are bland, uninteresting, and extremely annoying.
- The main characters are stupid beyond belief:
- When they find out one of their friends is getting eaten alive by the inbreds, they waste a whole bunch of time by describing everything that's happening, then taking a vote on whether to go save him or not. Predictably, their friend dies.
- When they manage to capture the mutants and lock them in a cell, one of the girls won't go through with killing the mutants, as she refuses to "sink to their level", despite the fact that mutants just killed three of their friends.
- Despite not wanting to kill them immediately, when she sees one of the "mutants" later on, she attacks and kills him without hesitation (said mutant turns out to be her friend; the mutants cut off his tongue and put him in their clothes to make him look like them).
- The makeup effects on the mutants look really cheap.
The movie received negative reviews, with criticism focusing on the bland, cliched plot and bad characters.