White Chicks is a 2004 American comedy crime film. It stars Marlon Wayans, Shawn Wayans and Terry Crews.
Brothers and disgraced FBI agents Marcus (Marlon Wayans) and Kevin Copeland (Shawn Wayans) are forced to escort a pair of socialite sisters to the Hamptons where they will be used as bait for a kidnapper. When the girls catch on to the plan and refuse to go, Marcus and Kevin take matters into their own hands by posing as the sisters.
- Bad and racist humor.
- The story is bizzarely written.
- Lazy script.
- Ethnic and gender stereotypes.
- The makeup used on Marcus and Kevin Look poor and look more like aliens or mannequins come to live then actual people.
- Some Like It Hot and Mrs. Doubtfire already did it better and in a less racist way.
- While passable, Marlon and Shawn Wayans are poor in drag.
- Lots of clichés.
- The opening scene where Marcus and Kevin try to bust a drug dealer is pointless and doesn't address anything to the story. It also rips off the opening from Big Momma's House.
- Unlikable characters especially the two main characters.
- Cringeworthy moments especially the dance-off scene.
- None of the jokes are funny or amusing.
- Passable acting (except from Marlon and Shawn Wayans in drag).
- Some funny scenes such as the 1000 miles, MC Hammer broke and the breastmilk powder.
- The make-up at the beginning on Shawn and Marlon dressed as Cuban's is decent better when they are dressed as woman.
- The film received a great Brazilian Portuguese dub.
- Terry Crews as Latrell Spencer is by far one of the best parts of the film. Even people who hate the film have said that he's the only reason the film is worth of watching. Especially the scene in which he signs "1000 miles" as pointed above.
- The scene in which Marcus tells Karen to not let Heath date her so she can be her "late night booty call" is good because it does give a good message to young women.
- Special Agents Vincent Gómez and Jacob Harper are fun characters.
- The scene in which Karen, Lisa and Tori throw the Vandergild Sisters to the stage where they get splashed by the red paint they were intending to throw to Kevin and Marcus is very satisfying given all the horrendous actions of the Vandergeld Sisters throughout the film.
- The ending scene in which Karen, Lisa and Tory become friends with Marcus and Kevin is heartwarming at some degree, because they realize that they liked Brittany and Tiffany much more when they were impersonating them.
Despite being a box office hit and getting decent reviews from the public, White Chicks received mostly negative reviews. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 15% based on 123 reviews and an average rating of 3.72/10, with the site's consensus stating that White Chicks is a "scattershot comedy that's silly and obvious." On Metacritic, the film has a score of 41 out of 100 based on 31 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B+" on an A+ to F scale.
The film grossed $19.7 million in its opening weekend, taking the #2 spot. It finished with $70.8 million at the box office in the United States, and $42 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $113.1 million, against a budget of $37 million. The film was released in the United Kingdom on October 15, 2004, and opened at #2, behind Shark Tale.
White Chicks was nominated for five Razzies including Worst Picture but it lost to Catwoman, Worst Actress for Marlon And Shawn Wayans in Drag but lost to Halle Berry in Catwoman, Worst Screen Couple for the Wayans brothers, but lost to George W. Bush, Condoleezza Rice or his pet goat in Fahrenheit 9/11 and Worst Director for Keneen Ivory Wayans but lost to Pitof for Catwoman. It was also nominated for Worst Screenplay but also lost to Catwoman.