Walking with Dinosaurs 3D
Walking with Dinosaurs 3D is a 2013 adventure film directed by Barry Cook and Neil Nightingale. The film stars John Leguizamo, Justin Long, Tiya Sircar, and Skyler Stone.
A Pachyrhinosaurus named Patchi (Justin Long) must survive while growing up with his best friend, an Alexornis named Alex (John Leguizamo) his older brother Scowler, (Skyler Stone) and his love interest Juniper (Tiya Sircar).
NOTE: This will only focus on the edited version that resulted from executive meddling by 20th Century Fox.
- Originally, the film was meant to have no dialogue and portray the dinosaurs as real dinosaurs, which would have been a very good idea, but Fox decided to add voice-overs to be a Land Before Time and Dinosaur (2000)-esque film. The voice-overs are very annoying as they never shut up.
- Speaking of the voice overs, the dinosaurs' mouths don't move when time they talk. They could have just delayed the film so that they can animate the mouths.
- Annoying fecal matter jokes.
- Pointless scenes of children reading title card introductions of the dinosaur species.
- Patchi and Juniper's love relationship is forced.
- Scowler, Patchi's brother, is a completely unlikeable jerk.
- Beautiful and breath-taking animation on the dinosaurs, almost looking life-like.
- Thankfully, the original and much better version of the film was released on the Blu-ray. It features no voice-overs, no inappropriate humor, and no title cards.
- Some good moments.
- The voice-acting is sometimes kinda good. That’s not saying much, though.
- Decent plot.