Cruel Jaws, (Otherwise known as Jaws 5: Cruel Jaws, or just Jaws 5, but no connection to the franchise) is a 1995 made-for-television thriller film directed by Bruno Mattei.
A crooked landowner organizes a hunt for a man-eating tiger shark terrorizing a resort town.
Why It Sucks
- There is no fifth film or any connection of the Jaws franchise which the Jaws film franchise already dead after Jaws: The Revenge.
- Horrible acting.
- Most of the shoots that were copied from other shark films:
- Jaws (1975)
- Jaws 2 (1978)
- The Last Shark (1981)
- Very atrocious written, and a very Confusing plot.
- Like many other Jaws rip-offs, the shark looks INCREDIBLY FAKE, as well as the blood. The shark ALWAYS opens his mouth when the shark is out of the water, and keeps widely open, making the shark feels like a big toy, a statue, or a big model of the shark.
- Very terrible and sluggish pacing.
- Generic soundtrack.
- The storyline is looking stupid, loosely written, and bizarre that still clears things up a little.
- There are a lot of rip off scenes from Jaws, Jaws 2 and The Last Shark.
- The effects of the shark look stupid, and very awful like other bad Jaws, and shark movies.
- It does have a lot of body count with 19 kills If you count the body counts..
- The helicopter scene was decent.
The film received heavily negative reviews from critics and moviegoers, it holds a 3/10 rating on IMDB.
Trailer, and Full Movie