User:Footsies/sandbox/The Jungle Book 2
The Jungle Book 2 is a 2003 animated film produced by the Australian office at DisneyToon Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures and Buena Vista Distribution. The theatrical version of the film was released in France on February 5, 2003, and released in the United States on February 14, 2003. The film is a sequel to Walt Disney's 1967 film The Jungle Book, and stars Haley Joel Osment as the voice of Mowgli and John Goodman as the voice of Baloo.
Wild child Mowgli (Haley Joel Osment) has grown fidgety with his life in a rural village. So he sneaks back to the jungle to be with his animal friends, like the lovable bear Baloo (John Goodman). Mowgli's disappearance worries his family, so his stepsister, Shanti (Mae Whitman), journeys into the jungle to find him. But all is not well there. Mowgli's old foe, the fierce tiger Shere Khan (Tony Jay), is out to get him, and he traps Mowgli, Shanti, and Baloo in an ancient temple.
Why It Sucks
Warning: Do not insert any points among the lines of "no one wanted this film" in this section.
- Mowgli's voice can get annoying.
- Unfunny and weak humor.
- The plot is just similar to the first film.
- It's a lack of charm of the first film that they had
- Releasing the film 36 years after the first film, Which is way too late for a sequel, making the sequel become stale.
- The new characters really didn’t help the story that well.
- Great soundtrack.
- John Goodman was decent as Baloo.
- It was nice to see Mowgli’s adopted family and Shanti’s family as well.
The Jungle Book 2 received generally mixed-to-negative reviews from critics and audiences with criticism directed towards the animation and similarity in plotline to the first film. On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film received an approval rating of 18% "rotten" based on 91 reviews, with an average rating of 4.4/10. The site's critical consensus reads: "This inferior rehash of The Jungle Book should have gone straight to video."