Railroad Tigers is a 2016 Chinese action comedy film directed by Ding Sheng and starring Jackie Chan. It was released in China on December 23, 2016. It is about a railroad worker who leads a team of freedom fighters to oppose the Japanese during the occupation in World War II.
Why It Sucks
- The movie has a stupid opening intro.
- It has very poor quality of the audio.
- The American poster of the movie is terribly average.
- The Chinese poset is even worse, as we see the cast making it big heads, which makes it creepier.
- Horrible soundtrack of the end credits.
- Ma Yuan is an unlikable character from the movie.
The film grossed CN¥215 million (US$30.1 million) on its opening weekend in China. It has grossed CN¥697.2 million in China. As of June 2020, the film holds a 38% approval rating on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 34 reviews with an average rating of 5.49/10. The site's critical consensus reads: "Railroad Tigers throws a few sparks hearkening back to Jackie Chan's glory days as an action comedy star, but they're smothered by an unfocused story and jarring shifts in tone."