The Christmas Chronicles is a 2018 film starring Kurt Russel as Santa Claus.
Claire and Teddy try to help Santa bring up the Christmas spirit by helping him deliver the presents after they accidentally crashed his sleigh.
Why It Stinks
- The plot is extremely dumb and makes zero sense.
- Teddy is extremely unlikeable, and we are supposed to feel sympathetic for him? He bullies his sister and steals a car.
- Santa himself is also very unlikeable, as he is rude to people.
- Emotional scenes that just come off as cheesy, and feel really forced.
- The ending twist, where Santa reveals that he didn't need his hat to travel, meaning HE SENT THEM OFF ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. This makes Santa even MORE unlikeable than before. There was no need for him to have let the Christmas spirit run that low.
- Misleading Title: It is called 'The Christmas Chronicles' even though there are only two movies.
- A few of the jokes are funny.
- Teddy sort of redeems himself in the end, even though his redemption is very forced and random.
This film received mixed reviews from critics, with a 67% on Rotten Tomatoes and a 52 out of 100 on Metacritic.