WARNING! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under the age of eighteen.
DISCLAIMER!: We all know this movie is not going to be added to this wiki at any time at all, but this is a draft of what it MIGHT look like here.
Sausage Party is a 2016 American-Canadian adult computer-animated black comedy film produced by Columbia Pictures, and directed by Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan.
Why It Sucks
- The concept of the movie was a fine idea and all, but its execution was terrible, considering it was an animated movie that kids cannot watch that is meant for adults.
- Very sick jokes for even R-rated standards, like the sausages doing shapes like penises, and also the buns being shaped like buttocks, and it's constantly heard from all over and over again to the point where it's not funny anymore.
- Annoying, unlikable, and terrible characters.
- The so-called "protagonist" Frank is a weak protagonist.
- Brenda is a very weak deuteragonist. For example, she is rude and a Christian stereotype, which is not a good thing. Also, instead of returning the favor of feelings for Frank, she lashed out at him for his new beliefs and refused to help him find more research about the Great Beyond. How selfish can a hot dog bun like Brenda get?!
- Douche is a terrible antagonist who swears a lot.
- The movie suffers from mediocre and straightforward set-ups for concepts and scenes. For example, the title Sausage Party tries to tell the viewer that it's an animated film for grownups, causing the movie to be filled with pointless language and adult humor, and the title failed to do so. Also, it can be hard to tell that the movie is not for children, judging by its title (as mentioned earlier).
- The idea of talking foods has already been done before.
- The world-building is so confusing it makes no sense at all.
- Dumb and idiotically-executed storyline.
- Terrible writing, even for an adult movie.
- The food puns are obnoxious.
- Too many unnecessary pop culture references, in addition to the terrible food puns and cursing.
- There is a horrifying scene where all the foods get eaten by the humans, including small carrots! YIKES!
- Nasty sex references.
- The infamous orgy ending, which involves the foods in a very infamously disgusting orgy.
- The human designs look kinda laughable.
- "The Great Beyond" was not a very good song.
- It's supposed to be a satire on religion, but it's horribly executed with childish jokes with a pseudo-intelligent theme that completely covers up the message it's trying to give out.
- Although the character designs are fairly decent, the designs for hot dog buns look extremely weird and hideous because they are shaped like rear ends.
- Way too much cursing, as mentioned on WIS #4.
- Regarding WIS #4, the film's trailers and commercials did warn us about the movie not being kid-friendly at all.
- At least Sony apologized for the trailer in front of GMW.
- The idea was okay, but unfortunately got severely wasted with stupid execution, but could be handled better.
- Despite talents being blatantly wasted, the voice acting is okay.
- The animation is actually nice to look at.
- The character designs, for most of the characters, are fairly decent.
- The racial stereotypes are kinda clever.
The movie received fairly indifferent reviews, but received mixed-to-negative reviews from audiences.