The Tourist (2010)
The Tourist is a 2010 romantic thriller comedy produced by GK Films and Spyglass Entertainment, and is based on the 2005 French film Anthony Zimmer. The film stars Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Paul Bettany, Timothy Dalton and Steven Berkoff, and written and directed by Jérôme Salle.
Why it Sucks
- Boring and mess of a film. Even Depp and Jolie seem bored in certain scenes.
- Waste of talent, especially of Timothy Dalton who only appears in two scenes.
- Bland and uninteresting characters who don't share any chemistry between each other.
- It's clear that both Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp only did this film so they could have a holiday in Italy with how there's more boring long scenes of them vacationing than there is actual plot progress.
- The action scenes lack any sort of suspense and are just lacklustre.
- Predictability straight from the beginning by the obvious clues and symbolism that Frank Tupelo (Johnny Depp) would later reveal to be Alexander Pearce, Elise's lover.
- The law enforcement is completely incompetent throughout the film. For example, in the beginning surveillance scene, Elise Clifton-Ward (Angelina Jolie) is able to escape them by just walking as they run and drive after her.
- The plausibility of when they decipher the burnt-to-a-crisp secret message. Using computer technology they're able to figure what it says within 2 minutes, which seems incredibly unlikely, generally because it was burnt-to-a-crisp.
- European stereotypes like the no-nonsense Italian who thinks Americans are typical.
- The Tourist OFFICIAL Trailer 1 US (2010) Johnny Depp Angelina Jolie
- Bad Movie Beatdown The Tourist (REVIEW)
Film Brain / Channel Awesome review
- Top 10 Movie Couples with the Worst Chemistry-3
WatchMojo.com rank Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie in The Tourist at #5