Son of the Pink Panther
Son of the Pink Panther is a 1993 installment of the Pink Panther film series and was the first film in 10 years to be made since 1983's Curse of the Pink Panther, it was released on August 27, 1993.
Inspector Clouseau's illegitimate son, Jacques Gambrelli, is on the case to solve the disappearance of Princess Yasmin of Lugash.
Why It Sucks
- Poorly written story.
- Roberto Benigni was a terrible choice to play Inspector Clouseau's son.
- Laughably bad performances.
- Little-to-no connection to the previous Pink Panther films.
- The jokes aren't funny and instead come off as irritating.
- Bad way to conclude Blake Edwards' career as filmmaker.
- It was where the Pink Panther franchise went downhill.
- Herbert Lom returns as Inspector Dreyfus.
- The classic Pink Panther theme is still used.
- This was Blake Edwards' last film before his retirement.
- The film's composer, Henry Mancini, passed away the year after the film's release.
- The film was a box office hit in Benigni's home country of Italy.