Skinned Deep is a 2004 horror film, directed by Gabriel Bartalos
A vacationing family is terrorized by a family of deformed mutants.
Why It Sucks
- Cliched plot that rips off a lot of points from other films, like The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and House of 1000 Corpses.
- Low production qualities: despite having a $600,000 budget, the movie looks like it was made with a fraction of that.
- Terrible video quality; despite being made in 2004, the film looks extremely grainy, like a low-budget 1970s/1980s film.
- Terrible acting from everybody.
- The plot is weird and incoherent; it's just a bunch of unconnected random events that kind of happen.
- The credits music consists of the final girl screaming "NOOO!!" for five minutes straight.
- The special effects (in particular, Surgeon General's costume) actually look pretty decent.
- The movie could be entertaining in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way, due to how bizarre it is.
According to the DVD special features, the scene with Brain/Brian running through a city nude was filmed in New York with no warning or film permits, which wound up getting the actor arrested.