Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sia Kate Isobelle Furler (born 18 December 1975) is an Australian singer, songwriter, voice actress, and director. She started her career as a singer in the acid jazz band Crisp in the mid-1990s in Adelaide.
Why She Sucks Now
- Ever since she started to cause so much drama, she became extremely biased towards her views, and because of this, she is now a celebtard, and she started to disrespect a lot of people's negative opinions over her stuff.
- She directed a movie called Music, which was criticized for offending and dehumanizing autistic people. What's more, right after the Music trailer was released, she received a lot of backlash from viewers, and worst of all, she couldn't handle any of it and slammed the critics by saying to them: "You have no fucking idea".
- She also accused an autistic Twitter user of being "a bad actor" when the said user criticized her movie, which is outright ableist.
- Contradictory statements from Sia herself suggesting that the role was always written with Maddie in mind makes this worse. It's worth noting that during shooting, Ziegler herself was so worried about making fun of autistic people that she broke down crying.
- Once the film came out, people were critical of the offensive caricature-like depiction of autism portrayed by the title character with many people saying that her exaggerated, stereotypical behavior drew comparisons to a school bully making fun of an autistic person.
- The film was also criticized for its use of blackface during the musical number "Oh Body" in which the title character wears skin-darkening makeup and a pair of headphones themed after cornrows (a hairstyle associated with black culture). This is despite the fact that Maddie is of mixed European descent and not black.
- The film has scenes involving the use of restraints which were harshly criticized for implying that forcibly pinning someone face-down is a good way to stop an autistic meltdown. In reality, the "prone restraint" used in the film is potentially traumatizing and fatal to the person being restrained. Sia apologized and promised to remove the scenes and add a warning against their use but the scenes were still present in the US theatrical release which makes her apology come off as fake.
- She supports Wade Robson and James Safechuck in the wake of Leaving Neverland and After Neverland, In fact, while it's heartwarming of her to show support to Johnny Depp by calling out Amber Heard for lying and abusing him herself, it's also hypocritical of her because she's supporting two proven liars and two bogus hit pieces that are disguised as "documentaries".
- Before her controversy, she opened up about her dark past, revealing that she was once an alcoholic and a drug addict.
- Her weird, problematic and downright creepy obsession and cronyism towards Maddie Ziegler to the point where she will take her as her goddaughter, which comes across as exploitative and grooming. She'd even sleep on the same bed she slept in on multiple occasions.
- To make things worse, Maddie's mother, Melissa Gisoni said Sia would snuggle with her daughter.
- She's also rather controlling of Maddie as well. She usually talks on her behalf despite Maddie being old enough to speak up herself and she even controls Maddie's career.
- She was actually never good at directing at all.
- She literally said the N-word in one of her tweets and later defended her actions by saying that she's black on the inside and can say the n-word. She also did blackface in 2011 and was called out for it after the blackface photos resurfaced in 2019.
- Despite all her wrongdoings, she is still an amazing singer. In addition, she was an awesome voice actor from My Little Pony: The Movie.
- While raspy, her vocals are quite powerful.
- Her songs have strong messages. For examples are "Titanium", "The Greatest" and "Cheap Thrills".
- She has collaborated with big names in the music world, such as David Guetta, Zayn Malik, Diplo, The Weeknd, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Dolly Parton, P!nk, Labrinth and the late Mac Miller.
- She used to rock before she showcased her support for Leaving Neverland and before her controversies.
- In fact, she used to be a nice person in the past.
- As mentioned above in WSSN #3, despite her hypocrisy, she supports Johnny Depp in the aftermath of the audiotapes that exposed his ex-wife, Amber Heard, admitting to abusing him.
- She is a supporter of PETA.
- She is of English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh descent.