Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shorts (also known as Shorts: The Adventures of the Wishing Rock and released internationally as The Wishing Rock) is a 2009 Emirati-American comic fantasy family film written and directed by Robert Rodriguez.
Why It Sucks
- The entire premise is bland and uninteresting. Literally it's just about a wishing rock that's gone wrong, and that's it, literally nothing new to it.
- The reason why it's called "Shorts" is because it's all told in short segments, but yet plays the same story. However, they're all told out of order, something that is a huge "no-no" in films.
- Once again, every young actor acts oddball and strange in this film, which is a common problem with every young actor film.
- The booger monster is highly disgusting, and could possibly weaken your stomach. The transformation it has is probably the most nauseating scene in the film.
- There is a song that's all about Toby's enemy, Helvetica, only except the song just continuously repeats "Helvetica, Helvetica, Helvetica" over and over again, which is extremely annoying and lazy at best.
- At one point, Loogie's brothers are seen playing Fable 2 (an Xbox 360 game) with PlayStation 3 controllers, which makes no sense, not unless, of course, they're using an emulator.
- Loads of nasty gross-out humor, such as Loogie getting pooped on by a dinosaur, as well as sending himself inside the alligator (yes, he jumped inside the alligator just to get the rock) and came out with alligator spit all over him.
- At one point, Helvetica almost eats a fish alive, which can almost get you sick.
- Overuse of cartoon sound effects in a live-action film.
- The Block Box isn't even interesting at all. It's just one of the cliched objects that "can do everything."
- If anything, if any one of the characters wishes for everything to go back to normal and that the rock would disappear, none of this movie would even happen.
- The beginning siterally spoils the fact that Carbon Black is the villain of the film.
- Good CGI, although it's poorly executed with the booger monster.
- The whole staring contest joke between the Blinker kids is actually really funny.