Satan Claus is a 1996 low budget horror Christmas film directed by Massimiliano Cerchi and written by Simonetta Mostarda.
On the night before Christmas, a serial killer dressed in a Santa Claus suit stalks the streets of New York looking for blood. It seems this madman is building the perfect Christmas tree.
Why It Sucks
- The lighting is just beyond awful, to the point where you can barely see the characters and what's going on during the scenes.
- Extremely bad and poor audio.
- All of the actors' performances in this movie are terrible, a perfect example is when the chief's wife gets murdered and when he finds out, he doesn't sound torn up, he sounds more like he's irritated as if it happens regularly for him.
- The "Satan Claus" killer is a boring antagonist and another generic "killing for revenge"-type of serial killer.
- Numerous plot holes that'll leave you totally confused.
- Satan Claus' catchphrase "Merry Christmas" is lame and unoriginal, and to make it sound more terrible, he makes a very forced, hammy evil laugh after killing his victims.
- Whenever the characters try to be dramatic or serious, it just comes off as laughably bad.
- Poorly-executed, bland scenes that drag on for way too long.
- The killer's motivations and plans are a confusing mess.