Rose Arianna McGowan (born September 5, 1973) is an American actress, activist, author, director, and singer. After her film debut in a brief role in the comedy Encino Man (1992), McGowan achieved wider recognition for her performance in Gregg Araki's dark comedy The Doom Generation (1995), receiving an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Debut Performance. She had her breakthrough in the horror film Scream (1996) and subsequently headlined the films Going All the Way (1997), Devil in the Flesh (1998), Phantoms (1999), and Jawbreaker (1999).
Why She Sucks Now
- She was homophobic, as she called gay men misogynists, though she did apologize for that statement.
- She blamed Caitlyn Jenner's statement about "the hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear" on "male privilege".
- She tells Michael Jackson Fans and told "I’m sorry your hero was a bad man, I’m really sorry your hero was bad. It doesn’t mean you can’t listen to or enjoy his music. You just have to understand that people are really complex, and this person had a particular complexity that hurt lots of others.” and She called Wade Robson, James Safechuck, and Oprah Winfrey brave in the wake of Leaving Neverland by saying "The documentarians are brave".
- She had an outburst over an Adam Sandler film's casting call asking actresses to show cleavage.
- She had experience working on the film Rosewood Lane with director Victor Salva, who is a convicted child molester and child pornographer, stating, "I still don't really understand the whole story or history there, and I'd rather not, because it's not really my business. But he's an incredibly sweet and gentle man."
- She had apologized to Iran for the United States' behavior in a tweet sent out in the hours after a US airstrike in Iraq killed Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani. She wrote, "Dear #Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize. We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us. #Soleimani"
- She didn't handle criticism as she defends tweet apologizing to Iran after strike.
- She compares United States of America to the Cult.
- Along with #MeToo Supporters, She made #MeToo Movement becomes popular, Thanks to Harvey Weinstein's Scandal back in 2017.
- Despite her wrongdoings, she was an amazing actress.
- She did speak out against the horrible things that Harvey Weinstein did to women very badly.
- She criticized Cuties. This shows that she at least has some standards when it comes to stuff like that.