Rose Arianna McGowan (born September 5, 1973) is an American actress, activist, author, director, and singer. After her film debut in a brief role in the comedy Encino Man (1992), McGowan achieved wider recognition for her performance in Gregg Araki's dark comedy The Doom Generation (1995), receiving an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Debut Performance. She had her breakthrough in the horror film Scream (1996) and subsequently headlined the films Going All the Way (1997), Devil in the Flesh (1998), Phantoms (1999), and Jawbreaker (1999).
Why She Sucks Now
- She is a misandrist, as she called gay men misogynists, though she did apologize for that statement.
- This also counts as homophobia as well.
- She blamed Caitlyn Jenner's statement about "the hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear" on "male privilege", which shows that she was transphobic.
- She was denied making homophobic and transphobic remarks.
- She got arrested for cocaine possession.
- She tells Michael Jackson Fans and told "I’m sorry your hero was a bad man, I’m really sorry your hero was bad. It doesn’t mean you can’t listen to or enjoy his music. You just have to understand that people are really complex, and this person had a particular complexity that hurt lots of others.” and She called Wade Robson, James Safechuck, and Oprah Winfrey brave in the wake of Leaving Neverland by saying "The documentarians are brave".
- She had an outburst over an Adam Sandler film's casting call asking actresses to show cleavage.
- She had experience working on the film Rosewood Lane with director Victor Salva, who is a convicted child molester and child pornographer, stating, "I still don't really understand the whole story or history there, and I'd rather not because it's not really my business. But he's an incredibly sweet and gentleman."
- She had apologized to Iran for the United States' behavior in a tweet sent out in the hours after a US airstrike in Iraq killed Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani. She wrote, "Dear #Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize. We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us. #Soleimani"
- She didn't handle criticism as she defends tweets apologizing to Iran after the strike.
- She compares the United States of America to the Cult, especially Hollywood.
- Along with #MeToo Supporters, She made the #MeToo Movement becomes popular, thanks to Harvey Weinstein's Scandal back in 2017. This has led many men to lose their jobs and their respect without sufficient evidence of their guilt.
- Despite her wrongdoings, she was an amazing actress.
- She used to rock back before her controversy.
- She supports Johnny Depp in the aftermath of the audiotapes that exposed his ex-wife Amber Heard admitting to abusing him.
- She did speak out against the horrible things that Harvey Weinstein did to women very badly. She was also raped by Weinstein, so that's one of the main reasons she is against all sexual offenders.
- Despite being wrong in accusing Caitlyn Jenner of "male privilege", she later clarified that she isn't against transgender people and that she was only criticizing what Jenner said, not her status as a trans woman.
- She criticized Cuties. This shows that she at least has some standards when it comes to stuff like that.
- She was an activist for LGBT rights.