Rock Dog (simplified Chinese: 摇滚藏獒; traditional Chinese: 搖滾藏獒; pinyin: Yáogǔn Zàng'áo literally "Rock and Roll Tibetan Mastiff") is a 2016 American-Chinese animated film.
When a radio falls from the sky into the heads of a wide-eyed Tibertan mastiff, he leaves home to fulfil his dream of becoming a musician, setting into the motion of completely unexpected events.
- Confusing plot.
- Terrible and unlikable characters.
- Some inappropriate moments in a family movie.
- This film is mean-spirited.
- Lots of animation errors.
- Awful editing.
- Much like Alvin and the Chipmunks, Bodi sings covers of songs that were popular in the 2010s which seem like rip-offs instead of original songs in the film.
- False advertising: On the film's American poster, Angus does not have his ears (though it is likely an error), and the cars are chasing Bodi and Angus, which doesn't happen in the film.
- Poor grasp of the source material.
- Laughable dialogue.
- Decent animation.
- Amazing soundtrack.
- Some funny moments here and there.
- The voice acting is pretty good.
- The ending isn’t too bad.
- John Cena and Ashton Kutcher were considered for the role of Bodi.
- Several people were considered for the role of Angus Scattergood including Jack Black, Michael J. Fox, Russell Brand and Ricky Gervais.
- Fleetwood Yak is named after the band Fleetwood Mac.
- Angus Scattergood is named after Angus Young from the band AC/DC.
- Angus' robot assistant is named Ozzy after rockstar Ozzy Osbourne.
- Director Cameo - Ash Brannon as the voice of Ian, Angus' agent on the phone.
- Keegan-Michael Key was considered for the role of Riff.
- Ben Kingsley and Willem Defoe were considered for the role of Linnux.
- Josh Gad was considered for the role of Germur.
- Mindy Kaling was considered for the role of Darma.
- Several actors were considered for the role of Khampa including Kevin Spacey and Bryan Cranston.
- The official teaser trailer was released on April 20, 2016.
- It is Eddie Izzard's fifth animated film, after The Wild, Igor, Cars 2 & GMW.