Punisher: War Zone
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
Punisher: War Zone is a 2008 American action film based on the Marvel Comics character the Punisher.
Why It Sucks
- The movie shares the exact same problem as Punisher 2004, too much mindless action with very little substance.
- Poor acting, and Ray Stevenson isn't a very good Punisher unlike the previous film which had a decent Punisher actor.
- Jigsaw is a poor and goofy villain who doesn't feel like he should be in this movie at all, as he is incredibly cheesy and has a laughable accent.
- Detective Soap is just as dumb as his comic book counterpart.
- The film expects you to know who the Punisher is before coming into the movie, as no backstory of any sort is given.
- Boring plot with the main conflict being sidelined for more blood, gore, and mindless action. The film also feels more like an early attempt at a superhero film made in the 80s than one released in 2008. What makes this even more mind numbing is the fact that films such as The Dark Knight and Iron Man came out the same year and they didn't feel like 80s superhero films.
- It was responsible for killing off any more attempts at making a Punisher movie (Or TV show) until the character's introduction in the MCU.
- The cartoonish violence doesn't blend in well with the realistic environment the movie is trying to convey.