Piper Penguin and his Fantastic Flying Machines
Piper Penguin and his Fantastic Flying Machines is a 2008 CGI mockbuster of Happy Feet and Surf's Up. It was made by Michael Schelp and his studio Spark Plug Entertainment. It is considered to be the least bad of Schelp's films, though still bad.
A young penguin named Piper wants to follow in his father's footsteps and become a great inventor as well as build a machine that would allow him to fly out of Antarctica.
Why It Sucks
- Terrible and limited animation.
- Predictable story.
- Generic characters. Pickles is a stereotypical valley girl.
- Burp jokes.
- Bland and cliched romance between Piper and Penny.
- Disturbing moments like a group of krill embracing being eaten by the penguins.
- Both the trailer and DVD case give away the ending. Though people can pretty much figure it out already.
- Decent voice acting.
- Penny is actually a likeable character.
- Although this is a mockbuster of Happy Feet and Surf's Up, it doesn't seem to rip off other films as much as other Spark Plug films.