Pink: El Rosa No Es Como Lo Pintan
"This "movie" is an absolute disgrace to humanity, it has no storyline, the characters are as basic as they can get, the argument has no background or even the most superficial research done for it, the photography borders on retarded for its literalness, all the cast is talentless when it comes to acting, it portrays the LGBTTTQI community as a caricature and talks about the Mexican adopting system as if it worked like a pet shop, there is no connection between the dialogue and the argument, every single line against gay marriage has a religious basis and the director didn't even try to make interesting scenery with it, I could go on and on. This is just a visceral response from a Christian fanatic to gay marriage approval in Mexico City, amateur would be an unworthy compliment."— A reviewer on IMDb.
Pink: El Rosa No Es Como Lo Pintan (translation: Pink: The Pink Is Not Like They Paint It) is a movie directed by Mexican director Francisco "Paco" del Toro, (no relation to Guillermo del Toro or Benicio del Toro) that talks about gay adoption.
Ivan and Rubén are a gay couple that adopts a kid named Andrés.
Why It Sucks
- It's a movie that lacks an actual plot, in fact, you cannot say what the movie is about.
- It contains homosexual stereotypes like gay men that act very like women and lesbians who act very manly.
- The friends of Ivan and Rubén act more like pedophiles when they're close to Andres. In fact, in one scene they try to rape him.
- They give the message that everyone who is gay and supports gay marriage will receive disgrace. For example, Ruben is detected with AIDS at the end of the movie.
- In the topic above, they claim that the gay couple comes from abuse, Ivan was abused by his dad as a kid and became gay for that reason, when actually gay people are born gay and they realize it later in life.
- The movie can get boring at times.
- The movie supposedly focuses on Andrés, the adopted kid, as the main character, but the movie forgets about him within minutes and focuses on Ivan instead.
- It is also insulting to people with depression.
- At the end of the film there's a message that says: "Estudios Científicos Muestran: Que la atracción sexual hacia personas del mismo sexo, es mayor en los niños que viven con parejas de homosexuales y lesbianas (Translation: Scientific Studies Show: That the attraction of people of the same sex is bigger in children that live with homosexual and lesbian couples)". This is a baseless claim, as they do not show the sources of the alleged "studies" to back it up, added to expecting the viewer to believe it wholeheartedly.
- Insulting message about gays being unable to find happiness and only heterosexuals are.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The movie can be considered a "so bad its good" movie.