Paranormal Activity 2
Paranormal Activity 2 is a 2010 American supernatural found-footage "horror film" co-produced, written, and directed by Tod Williams. It's a sequel to 2007's Paranormal Activity.
When the Reys move into their new Southern California home in San Diego in 2005, Little do they realize that the house is already occupied. In August 2006, After coming home one day to find the house in disarray -- but with no signs of forced entry or robbery -- they install a video surveillance system to catch the perpetrators. But nothing prepares them for what happens next.
Why It Sucks
- The plot is still weak, most of the time, it consists of the family talking, babysitting Hunter, cooking, and them sleeping.
- It still barely qualifies as a film at all. It looks more like a viral YouTube video or a really bad home movie rather than a theatrical film.
- The acting is still terrible.
- The scary noises as it gets is just for little kids, but not for grown-ups. Meaning the film failed to be scary.
- Daniel Rey is a very unlikeable character, He keeps going mad at the night, witnessing the pan burns and throws them to the pool, and see a tiny group were in the pool, and he tells him in anger to get out. Next, he thinks that it was a wind slammed the door, but it was a demon that slammed the door.
- Almost every night, Hunter keeps crying, and it's really annoying.
- Every night scene is sped up and only slows down during every paranormal action, the film almost, but still effectively killing the suspense.
- The film itself almost lacks suspense or scares.
- The family only tries to force the idea that the ghost is a demon with no evidence or any other thought.
- Katie somewhat goes to Rey's home, by walking to the street alone, without knowing.
Despite the film received mixed reviews from critics and audiences, Nowadays, people still have taken a dislike of the film.