Not Cool is a 2014 romantic comedy produced by Steeltown Entertainment and distributed by Starz Digital Media. The film stars Shane Dawson, who was also the director, co-producer and editor, Cherami Leigh, Drew Monson, Michelle Veintimilla, and Lisa Schwartz, and written by Dan Schoffer.
Why it Sucks
- Terrible and unsubstantial plot.
- Terrible acting.
- Terrible and unrealistic dialogue.
- Attempts at comedy that just come off as awkward than actually funny.
- Unlikable and two-dimensional characters.
- Scott (Shane Dawson) is constantly told by others that he's attractive. For a film starring, directed, co-produced and edited by Dawson himself, this just comes off as egotistical and pretentious for him.
- The relationship subplot just feels forced and happens because ... it has to.
- Each character is some sort of stereotype: the homeless guy that eats his feces, the flamboyant bitchy gay guy, the religious Hindu with an accent, the mentally insane aunt, etc.
- Most of the main cast are in their 20s which makes it hard to believe they're still in high school.
- Nearly everyone just screams their dialogue.
- Terrible and obvious green screen in the car scenes.
- Not Cool Official Trailer 1 (2014) - Shane Dawson Comedy HD
- Not Cool (2014) - The Search For The Worst - IHE
I Hate Everything review