National Lampoon's Pledge This!
National Lampoon's Pledge This! is a 2006 American comedy film starring Paris Hilton, who also served as an executive producer. The film was released straight-to-video.
At the popular South Beach University (Miami), filthy rich super-snob Victoria English is the absolute queen of leading Greek student club, Sigma Sigma. In order to achieve her crowning ambition, winning FHM Magazine's annual best sorority, she must recruit atypical "Sigmies" to fulfill the diversity criteria. Ambitious sycophant pledge Kristen Haas helps her attract "losers" (too poor, ugly, unfashionable), who are cruelly put through excruciating hazing, without intent to actually enroll them. Gloria, the brightest and most assertive pledge, wins the heart of Derek "Baby Dick", Victoria's ideal, yet constantly abused boyfriend, whose bitch-addiction is cured by this alternative lover. Together, they lead the revolt of the not-even-nerds.
Why It Sucks
- Basically, the entire movie is just boring, unfunny and nothing exciting happens in it. It's just a normal girl's life, only with extra potty humor.
- The entire movie is obviously fake, as it's easy to spot what isn't real in the movie. For example, the character designs for some of the girls don't even look like they're females at all. They look more like males pretending to be females, and the animals on the grave easily look like toy animals you can buy from the store.
- The humor is mostly offensive, insulting and forced, mainly consisting of incredibly stupid jokes and toilet humor.
- The musical numbers in the movie like "I GOT YOU BABE!" are just plain generic, bland and boring at the same time.
- The movie also has way too much filler in it, like the scene where the boys were at camp and doing nothing but talking.
- Victoria English is one of the most unlikable characters from the movie. She basically brags about her beauty and how much people love her even if it's risking their lives.
- The acting in the movie is mediocre at best. Some of the actors even look like they'd rather be doing something else.
- The movie is also offensive to some girls and women, as the movie contained a lot of moments that may count as insulting to them.
- Terrible special effects, one example being this scene.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- While some edits in the movie are disturbing, they're actually cool at times.
National Lampoon's Pledge This! has a 0% "rotten" rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 6 reviews, with an average score of 2.06 out of 10.