Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous
After Cheryl Frasier and Stan Fields are kidnapped, Gracie Hart goes undercover in Las Vegas, Nevada to find them.
Why It Sucks
- Very weak plot.
- Horrible acting, especially from Sandra Bullock.
- Benjamin Bratt's character from the first film, Eric Matthews, is nowhere to seen nor is mentioned. He is now replaced by Sam Fuller, another agent who spends time fighting with Gracie.
- Unfunny and weak humor; compared to the original film which had some good moments of sarcastic humor.
- Completely destroys all of Gracie Hart's hard-earned happiness from the ending of the original film.
- Diedrich Bader is a poor replacement of Michael Caine's character in the first film.
- It ultimately killed the Miss Congeniality film franchise.
- Good soundtrack.
- Exciting ending when Gracie visits a primary school.
The film was panned by critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, it has an approval rating of 15% based on 145 reviews. The critical consensus reads, "Sandra Bullock is still as appealing as ever; too bad the movie is not pageant material." On Metacritic the film has a score of 34 out of 100, based on reviews from 33 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". Audiences surveyed by CinemaScore gave the film a grade B.
Robert Koehler of Variety called the film "Lame and inoffensive". Roger Ebert of The Chicago Sun-Times called the sequel "doubly unnecessary" and added "there is no good reason to go and actually see it."