Machete Kills is a 2013 comedy film directed by Robert Rodriquez, it was released on October 11, 2013. The film received generally negative reviews.
When the president (Carlos Estevez) of the United States has a mission that would be impossible for just any mortal man, the person he needs is Machete (Danny Trejo), a knife-wielding ex-Federale agent. Machete's mission is to take down Voz (Mel Gibson), a madman revolutionary and an eccentric billionaire arms dealer who has come up with a plot to start a nuclear war. Facing death at every turn from assassins, Machete pulls out all of his skills to get the job done.
- Unfunny acting.
- Bad effects that make the movie look more like a 1960's comic than a modern movie.
- Literally the film got no promotion whatsoever.
- It technically had promotion since Lady Gaga (who plays La Chameleón in the movie.) released a promo song for the movie called "Aura", but the movie itself didn't get anything like a soundtrack CD or a rare exclusive DVD.
- It is rumored that the movie was a failure because of the non-promotion it got.
- Not helping pointer #3, the film also only managed to get $15,000,000 in box office.
- Hell, even the budget (which was $20,000,000) was more than that!
- The music is generic and makes the movie sound more like a horror movie.
- The CGI is poorly produced and looks terrible.
- The plot pointers are overused constantly.
- Misleading title: Machete does not kill anyone in the movie, all he does is injure people.
- Lady Gaga does a passable acting job playing La Chameleón, Despite her character being negatively received by critics.
- Same goes with Jessica Alba and Charlie Sheen.
- To be fair, the movie is much better than the first film, known as "Machete".
The film received negative reviews from critics, on Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a 30% based off of 121 audience reviews, and holds a 34% in the audience score. On Metacritic, the film holds a 41 out of 100 based off of 33 audience reviews.
Lady Gaga was also nominated for a Golden Rasberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress, but lost to Kim Kardashian in Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor.