Luis and The Aliens
Luis and The Aliens (also known as Luis and His Friends from Outer Space or Luis und die Aliens in Germany) is a 2018 German comedy animated film produced by Ulysses FILM PRODUKTION. In the UK, the film was distrubited by Warner Bros.
The story is about an 11-year-old boy named Luis who makes friends with three lovable little aliens, who crash their spaceship at an abandon gas station near his house. In return for Luis' help in finding the home-shopping channel stuff they came for, they also save Luis from boarding school - as well as an exciting adventure that follows.
Why It Sucks
- Luis's father is extremely unlikable, as he doesn't care about his son that much. The bully is even worse as well as his family.
- Unoriginal and cliched plot that ripped of better movies like [[mh:greatestmovies:E.T the Extra Terrestrial|E.T}}.
- Ugly low-quality animation even for 2018 standards.
- Very simples designs for the aliens and a few other characters.
- Lots of plot-holes and filler.
- Bad voice-acting and dubbing.
- While the soundtrack is decent, it just doesn't fit to the film at all.
- The idea that the aliens eat people's hair so they can transform to that person is really stupid.
- Wasted the talents of Will Forte and Lea Thompson.
- Unfunny and terrible humor like toilet humor.
- There's a pointless sub-plot that doesn't make sense.
- Luis's principal (the villian) is a rip-off of Ms Grunion from [[mh:greatestmovies:Mr. Peabody & Sherman|Mr. Peabody and Sherman}}(personality-wise) and Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmations (design-wise).
- The aliens are annoying with Minion-like comic reliefs.
- The movie has a mean spirited tone (similar to Chicken Little) as the people make fun of Luis's father at the beginning as they don't believe him that the aliens exist, as well as the bullies making fun of Luis at one scene where they take a cake that he made for him and throw him into a garbage can.
- The aliens are kinda like rip-offs of Ed, Edd and Eddy, As they have very similar personalities. One of them even sounds like Pleakely from [[mh:greatestmovies:Lilo & Stitch|Lilo and Stitch}}.
- The soundtrack, although unfitting, is decent.
- Luis and Jennifer are the only two likable characters.
- Decent characters designs for Luis, Luis's father, Jennifer and the main aliens.
- At least when Luis and his dad proved to everybody that aliens exist at the end of the movie, the townspeople apologised for their mean spiritedness.
The movie recivied mixed-to-negative reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. It has a 24 precent and on metacritic it has a 46/100, indicating mixed or average reviews, but was a box office succes.