Vídeo Brinquedo (literally Toy Video in Portuguese, also non-literally translated as "Toyland Video") is a Brazilian animation studio, located in São Paulo, that produced low-budget, poorly made, direct-to-video animated films widely viewed as mockbusters of comparable films from Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios, DreamWorks Animation, 20th Century Fox, Blue Sky Studios and Hasbro. Effectively, it is the animation counterpart of The Asylum. The company was founded in 1994 to distribute children's animation with the intention of distribution in its home market of Brazil, as well as to other global markets. In 2010, the company stopped animating movies.
- The Little Cars in the Great Race (rip-off of Cars)
- Ratatoing (rip-off of Ratatouille)
- Little Bee (rip-off of Bee Movie)
- The Little Panda Fighter (rip-off of Kung Fu Panda)
- Tiny Robots (rip-off of Robots)
- Little Princess School (rip-off of various Disney Princesses)
- Gladiformers (rip-off of Transformers)
- Gladiformers 2 (rip-off of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
- Little & Big Monsters (rip-off of Monsters vs. Aliens)
- What's Up: Balloon to the Rescue (rip-off of Up)
- The Frog Prince (rip-off of The Princess and the Frog)
- Alice in Wonderland (rip-off of either the 1951 Disney classic or the 2010 live-action remake)
Why Their Films Suck
- Poor 3D rendering of characters and backgrounds.
- Terrible animation, even for 2000s standards.
- Most of them are obvious mockbusters/rip-offs of other well-known animated movies.
- Horrible voice acting.
- God-awful plots and storytelling which ripoff a lot of films.
- Unfunny and weak humor.
- Generic-looking title cards in most films.
- Terrible writing that just doesn't capture the charm of the ripped-off movies.
- Loads of padding.
- Dreadful soundtracks.
- Cringeworthy dialogue.
- As mentioned above, there is usually a lot of filler in their movies, and it is usually painful to get through. For example, in Ratatoing, around the first 10 minutes or so is just repetitive comments and feedback on the food at the restaurant.
The ONLY Redeeming Quality
- The voice acting in the English dub is actually pretty good (except for Ratatoing), as most of the voice actors who were cast for the English dub tried putting some effort in. However, the cast usually chosen for the dubs weren't big voice actors like Tom Kenny, Tara Strong, Rob Paulsen or Jim Cummings, it was the same cast used for dubbing anime into English by 4Kids Entertainment, but they still did put in some great effort, especially Dan Green and Mike Pollock.
- Believe it or not, they used to distribute DVDs for TV shows like Sonic X, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, and Kirby Right Back At Ya! in Brazil.