Junior is a 1994 American comedy film directed and produced by Ivan Reitman, and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Danny DeVito and Emma Thompson.
A research scientist becomes the world's first pregnant man in order to test a drug he and a colleague have designed for expectant women. To carry out the trial, he has an embryo implant, believing that he will only carry the baby for three months - hardly expecting to face the prospect of giving birth.
Why It Sucks
- The premise is unbelievably ridiculous; Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a scientist who experiments on himself and becomes the world's first pregnant man.
- Poor attempts at humor.
- The Schwarzenegger baby from the dream sequence is downright terrifying.
- Throughout the rest of the movie, we have Arnold Schwarzenegger dressed in drag and enter a retreat for expecting mothers.
- The film can't decide whether it's supposed to be a comedy or a science-fiction film.
- Wasted talents of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Danny DeVito and Emma Thompson.
- The idea of a pregnant man is really idiotic and cliché.
- Danny Devito's performance was decent.
- The ending was somewhat heartwarming.