Jingle All the Way 2
Jingle All the Way 2 is a 2014 American Christmas comedy film directed by Alex Zamm. It stars Larry the Cable Guy and Santino Marella. It is the stand-alone sequel to the 1996 comedy film Jingle All the Way starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, who doesn't reprise his role in the movie.
Truck driver Larry Phillips competes with the current husband of his ex-wife, the wealthy businessman Victor, to find his daughter Noel's favorite toy, Harrison The Talking Bear. However, Victor is determined to make it difficult for Larry not to get his hands on a Harrison Bear. Larry will also have the help of Claude, his jumbled friend.
Why It Sucks
- There is no continuity with its predecessor. Not only are the events of the previous film practically ignored, but Howard isn't even mentioned.
- The film was presumably only made to cash in on the trend of sequels starring Larry the Cable Guy.
- The plot feels like a rehash of the original film, where the protagonist is trying to find a special toy for his child's Christmas, competing with another guy for it.
- Larry, like a good amount of Larry the Cable Guy's characters, is a Southerner trucker stereotype.
- The actors do a poor job, where Larry the Cable Guy just overacts, while the majority of the cast, particularly Kennedi Clements, underacts.
- Some of the editing can be terrible.
- Despite being a WWE Studios film, there's barely any wrestling action.
- Much like A Christmas Story 2, this film was released at a time when the first film was a major Christmas hit, so this film's release just feels like corporations cashing in on a film to make a quick buck.
- Larry and Noel have a surprisingly good father/daughter relationship.
- They do tone down on the materialistic tone that the first film has, as this installment focuses more on the family aspect.