Jeepers Creepers 3
Jeepers Creepers 3 is the 2017 long awaited third installment in the Jeepers Creepers film series written and directed by Victor Salva. It was released in theaters on September 26, 2017 for a limited time.
A sergeant and his task force embark on a mission to destroy the Creeper on its last day of feeding. The Creeper soon fights back when they get close to discovering its mysterious and dark origins.
Why It Sucks
- False Advertising: For many years while it was in development, it was stated that the film would reveal the Creeper's origin. The characters in the film learn it, but they never tell the audience.
- Related to the above, the way they have the characters find out what the Creeper's origin is, while not telling the audience, coupled with the film's sequel hook, when the next film probably won't come out for years, if at all, comes off as the film's creators taunting the audience.
- Some of the special effects are awful!
- A good chunk of the characters is either unlikable or forgettable.
- The film isn't a sequel. It takes place between 1 and 2. Because of this, we know that the Creeper will still be alive at the end. This and the fact that it doesn't reveal the Creeper's origin makes the film entirely pointless.
- The film focuses on killing the Creeper, however, this film takes place before the 2nd installment which gets predictable about what's gonna happen.
- The Creeper doesn't get much screentime in this one.
- They changed the Creeper's outfit by giving him a red shirt, which makes him look more comical and less frightening.
- Jonathan Breck returns to portray the Creeper again.
- The Creeper Truck was given a bit of development.
- You actually would be able to clearly see the Creeper at day-light rather than seeing it constantly when it's dark/night.
- The soundtrack was very decent to listen to.
Jeepers Creepers 3 received negative reviews by critics who panned its plot, directing, writing, pacing, acting, special effects and its ending. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a negative approval rating of 17% based on 6 reviews, with a weighted average rating of 3.8/10.
- Victor Salva originally intended to include a scene where the characters discuss a teenage girl who was molested by her stepfather, with one of them expressing sympathy for the stepfather instead of the girl, saying she's so pretty that you can't blame him. This scene by itself is extremely disturbing, but it becomes a lot more disturbing when you consider the fact that Victor Salva was convicted of molesting a child. The dialogue " Can you blame him though? I mean look at her, the heart wants what it wants, am I right? " which referred to a sexual abuse victim within the movie and was singled out for criticism due to Victor Salva's 1988 incarceration for sexual abuse and possession of child pornography. The line was removed from the theatrical cut, but was available in the screened version for critics.
- The movie sparked controversy due to it's alleged use of child molestation as a plotline.
- The fourth film titled Jeepers Creepers: Reborn is a reboot set apart from the first 3 films.