Inspector Gadget's Last Case
Inspector Gadget's Last Case, also known as Inspector Gadget's Last Case: Claw's Revenge, is a 2002 animated Television film directed by Michael Maliani that premiered on Nickelodeon on October 6, 2002 as part of the DIC Movie Toons series of TV Movies.
Chief Quimby forces Gadget to give up on his beloved Gadgetmobile after Gadget keeps causing too many problems, while a new hero named Devon Debonair is attempting to savatage Gadget's name and attempt to get him fired. Dr. Claw seems to be behind on what this new hero is doing!
Why It Sucks
- A weak storyline involving Dr. Claw using a transformation formula to turn into a new hero named Debonair and attempting to get Gadget fired from his work.
- Bland opening theme and soundtrack.
- The Gadgetmobile's new design looks very generic, and it doesn't show any ability to turn into other vehicles like it did in the original series.
- his voice is very annoying, despite being voiced by Jessel White.
- The other two cars the Gadgetmobile befriend suffer from a lack of character other than being talking cars.
- Penny and Brain barely make any appearances at all and don't even help out Gadget.
- Chief Quimby is extremely unlikeable in this movie. Sure, he wasn't a huge fan of Gadget in the original series, but he took out his anger on him way too far, and he doesn't even apologize for falsely accusing Gadget.
- Bad Pacing. Many scenes either exist as filler, or they drag on for far too long.
- The ending is badly rushed, as all that happens is that Dr. Claw gets away (Not even an fight between Debonair and Gadget even happens!) and simply leaves Gadget to quickly deal with Dr. Claw's goons. After this, Gadget gets his job back and the movie simply ends right there.
- Repetitive nature of people praising Debonair and criticizing Gadget.
- Decent animation for DIC standards, using the same style as the 2002 Gadget & the Gadgetinis series.
- Average voice acting.
- It's nice seeing Gadget being all confidence instead of being his usual self.
- At least Dr. Claw doesn't act all lazy this time around.