Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (2015)
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is a 2015 comedy film directed by Steven Pink. It is a sequel to 2010's Hot Tub Time Machine. The movie received generally negative reviews, garned a 14% "rotten" rating on Rotten Tomatoes and is considered by many to be one of the worst movies of 2015 and one of the worst comedy movies of all-time. The film had a budget of $14 million and only made $13 million at the box office.
After a person mysteriously shoots Lou, Nick and Jacob use the hot tub time machine to go back in time, but instead end up in 2025. They must then try to get back to the past and prevent Lou from being shot.
Why it Sucks
- Like with the original, this film has a large amount of profanity that can be classified as more annoying than funny. One example of this is at the very beginning, where Lou shouts out the F word at the screen.
- Unfunny humor that mostly consists of constant swearing, inappropriate jokes and stupid time travel jokes.
- The story is uninspiring and dull.
- Horrible acting, even from actors such as Craig Robinson and Chevy Chase.
- The trailer misleads the audience by taking away all the bad scenes.
- The script makes no sense.