WARNING! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under the age of eighteen.
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
Harvey Weinstein (born March 19, 1952) is an American former film producer and convicted sex offender. He and his brother Bob Weinstein co-founded the entertainment company Miramax, He's also the founder of The Weinstein Company. He is infamous for not just being a sex offender, but also like Tom Rothman and Kevin Spacey has made some dumb decisions that upset almost everyone even before he got exposed.
Why He Sucks Now
- He's not just bad for being a sex offender, but to anyone around him.
- First off, as his brother Bob has pointed out, he has a history of verbal abuse to his family.
- Even as far back as the late 1980s, he had been doing criminal activities like rape and sexual harassment
- Related to being a sex offender, he treats other girls as a pet, and not only that, he also called out Roman Polanski who is infamous for doing sexual abuse yet he himself is doing the same thing as Polanski which makes him a hypocrite.
- Like Tom Rothman, he makes some dumb decisions that upset almost everyone even before being exposed.
- He is notorious for recutting films without the consent of their respective directors, to the point he was nicknamed "Harvey Scissorhands" and "Darth Weinstein".
- He does re-editing and re-dubbing of films like Farewell My Concubine and tried to do edits on Princess Mononoke which lead to Hayao Miyazaki arguing with him and led to the film being given a limited US theatrical release thanks to him.
- Due to Miyazaki's disappointment with Warriors of the Wind, Manson International and Showmen, Inc.'s edit of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Miyazaki adopted a strict "no edits" policy on future foreign releases of Studio Ghibli films. On hearing Weinstein would attempt to edit Princess Mononoke to make it more marketable, producer Toshio Suzuki allegedly mailed an authentic katana bundled with a simple message: "no cuts".
- He was also the one who made the infamous American dub of The Magic Roundabout, not Butch Hartman.
- During his time at Miramax, he did some pretty ruthless Oscar campaigns which led to films like Shakespeare in Love winning over the much renowned Saving Private Ryan.
- In 2003, he was so determined to have Chicago win the Academy Award for Best Picture that he tried to blackmail Roman Polanski, the director of The Pianist (which ended up winning), by further investigating his infamous sexual abuse case with Samantha Geimer, which is totally hypocritical considering that he raped and abused much more people than Polanski as previously pointed out.
- When his company Miramax couldn't get enough money to fund The Lord of the Rings trilogy, he wanted to mesh it into one two-hour movie, cutting many scenes such as the Battle of Helm's Deep and even Saruman. Thankfully, Peter Jackson thought otherwise and sent it to New Line instead.
- He stole Richard Williams' The Thief and the Cobbler when it was nearing completion and created a disastrous recut of it.
- He is infamous for being ruthless and has fits of anger when someone doesn't agree with him which shows he can't take criticism.
- After being exposed, he tried to make up by doing the so-called "apology" by funding the NRA. However, it is revealed that there is no evidence of him having donated money to any gun control groups.
- Like Amber Heard, he has no remorse for what he has done proves that he's a sociopath.
- He gives not just his family a bad name, but he also gives the Democratic Party a bad name since he's a supporter of such.
- His actions are responsible for making the rise of the MeToo Movement, which ruined both entertainment and masculinity.
- He started to treat his fans like complete garbage.
- Much like John Kricfalusi, he treated his co-workers and colleagues very badly.
- He permanently killed The Weinstein Company, which went bankrupt and out of business in 2018 after he was fired from the company in October 2017, and the company's assets were acquired by Lantern Capital Partners to become Lantern Entertainment.
- He used to be an actually nice person who cared about others during the early days of his career.
- Despite his actions, he did greenlight some good/decent movies while he was an executive producer such as Spy Kids, Good Will Hunting, Scream, Scary Movie, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Shakespeare in Love, The English Patient, Django Unchained, etc.