Happy Madison Productions
Happy Madison Productions is an American film and television production company founded in 1996 by Adam Sandler and is best known for its comedy films. Happy Madison takes its name from the films Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison, two box office successes starring Sandler himself, both produced by Robert Simonds.
- Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo (1999)
- Little Nicky (2000)
- Joe Dirt (2001)
- The Animal (2001)
- Mr. Deeds (2002)
- The Master of Disguise (2002)
- Eight Crazy Nights (2002)
- The Hot Chick (2002)
- Anger Management (2003)
- Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star (2003)
- 50 First Dates (2004)
- The Longest Yard (2005)
- Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo (2005)
- Grandma's Boy (2006)
- The Benchwarmers (2006)
- Click (2006)
- Reign Over Me (2007)
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (2007)
- Strange Wilderness (2008)
- You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)
- The House Bunny (2008)
- Bedtime Stories (2008)
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009)
- Funny People (2009)
- The Shortcut (2009)
- Grown Ups (2010)
- Just Go With It (2011)
- Zookeeper (2011)
- Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star (2011)
- Jack and Jill (2011)
- That's My Boy (2012)
- Here Comes The Boom (2012)
- Grown Ups 2 (2013)
- Blended (2014)
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (2015)
- Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser (2015)
- Pixels (2015)
- The Ridiculous 6 (2015)
- The Do-Over (2016)
- Sandy Wexler (2017)
- The Week Of (2018)
- Father of the Year (2018)
- 100% Fresh (2018)
- Murder Mystery (2019)
- The Wrong Missy (2020)
- Hubie Halloween (2020)
Why Their Films Isn't "Terrific" Enough.
- Some of the films they produced are considered some of the worst films of all-time, like Jack and Jill, That's My Boy, The Master of Disguise, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, Joe Dirt, Little Nicky and Eight Crazy Nights.
- Poor acting, except from Adam Sandler in You Don't Mess with the Zohan and Click.
- The plots of their films are written as either nonsensical, unfunny, frustrating, unoriginal, juvenile, mean-spirited, weak, stupid, boring, horrid, or either just plain disgusting and vile.
- Crappy dialogue.
- Unfunny and weak humour.
- Adam Sandler, despite having some great talents he could use for movies like his acting and singing, is incredibly lazy when it comes to being a director and writer, and always wastes his talents just for the sake of huge money making at the box office. He shows he is just in the movie industry because of money.
- Their films have shameless amounts of product placement.
- Their films rely too heavily on celebrity cameos.
- For some reason, all of their films have to have at least one bully or bully-like character; not necessarily school kids, but usually adults, whom are corrupt douchebags, rather than typical schoolyard bullies.
- Some really good movies they made from the company do exist, like the first Paul Blart: Mall Cop movie, Click (depending both on your view), Anger Management, Here Comes The Boom, Funny People, Reign Over Me, That's My Boy (depending both on your view), The House Bunny, 50 First Dates, and You Don't Mess with the Zohan; which have later become cult films.
- Also, for some people, their movies may even be enjoyable and likeable in general (just to further stretch the above point), mainly for those who like watching stupid comedies. For some people, their movies may even give off a "so bad, it's good" vibe and spawn Internet memes.
- The company produces some really good TV shows like Rules of Engagement, The Gong Show with Dave Attell, Nick Swardson's Pretend Time, Breaking In and The Goldbergs.
Happy Madison's films have, for the most part, received overwhelmingly negative reviews from critics and audiences. The production company has put out four films considered to be some of the worst ever made, including two that have received a 0% score from Rotten Tomatoes.