Gun Self-Defense for Women
Gun Self Defense for Women, also titled Gun Self Defense for Ladies is a 2016 documentary film directed by Derek Savage. It was made to instruct people on proper self-defense and gun safety techniques.
Director and host Derek Savage teaches people gun safety and self-defense tips.
Why It Sucks
- As with his previous films, the editing is terrible.
- The scene transitions are awkward, sometimes cutting off dialogue or other scenes.
- Some of the music/titles (like the credits) are recycled from Savage's previous movies.
- At one point, he uses green screen to project a green screen, making it pointless.
- There's a whole lot of irrelevant scenes to pad out the runtime.
- At one point, Derek talks about some recent tragic events involving violence, before then plugging his Cool Cat Saves the Kids DVD.
- Some of the scenes are worrying:
- Despite it supposedly being a serious safety video, there are some scenes of Derek irresponsibly firing off his guns, or just randomly shooting like he's trying to be cool.
- There are a number of random scenes with Derek showing off his gun "skills", as if he were trying to intimidate his trolls, but fails at it hard.
- The staged scenarios feature laughably bad acting and dialogue.
- It drags on a lot and gets boring after a while.
- Poor cinematography.
- Just like with his other films, the poster looks poor and amateurish.
- Adam Johnston (YourMovieSucks.org) recorded a cameo for the movie. However, after the copyright controversy, Savage cut his cameo out.