Gladiformers is a 2007 film by Vídeo Brinquedo. The plot revolves around a Prince named Julius Drive who was sold into slavery (somehow) and forced to fight to the death in the mechanical slaughterhouse known as The Centaris Gladitorial Arena's. The movie has loads of Angra songs thrown in and it did well enough in its home country to have a sequel.
A Prince named Julius Drive who was sold into slavery (somehow) and forced to fight to the death in the mechanical slaughterhouse known as The Centaris Gladitorial Arena. He has to fight Magnum Tutor to get out of the Arena. 
Why It Sucks
- You can't go too far into the movie without realizing this is a rip off of Transformers if you haven't noticed before you watched it.
- The names Julius Drive and Magnum Tutor are shamelessly ripping off Optimus Prime and Megatron.
- Because it's so similar to Transformers, and there's nothing unique about it, there's really not much good to talk about this movie. The creators knew this, resulting in them not trying to make it good. The movie just exists for the sole purpose in tricking people to giving them money.
- We know almost nothing about the world of this movie.
- Stiff and lifeless animation.
- It keeps zooming up on random things, like the character's wheels. Because of this, you can't really make up what the character actually looks like, making the movie just looking like random hunks of CGI.
- Multiple plotholes, such as how Julius ended up in slavery, or who the arena mastermind is, or why he's a human.
- Boring exposition that is useless to the plot, and comes up out of nowhere while they're fighting. And plus, the exposition never solves any things that actually need to be explained, like the several plotholes.
- Terrible editing and transitions, which make the movie more confusing than it needs to be.
- The villains are one-dimensional with no motives.
- While the villains are one-dimensional, the main characters try too hard to be three-dimensional, which is one of the reasons for the excessive exposition pointed out in WIS#4.
- The whole movie feels repetitive, like they're looping 1 part of the movie for 70 minutes. The mastermind guy announces the next round. Zooms up on character's wheels. Character telling himself not to fail this round. Bad guy monologues. Good guy and bad guy fight. Random flashback exposition. More fighting. Repeat.
- During the fight scenes, there's excessive grunting and moaning, even though they're barely even touching each other. They also fight really slowly, making these scenes boring.
- The voice acting is terrible on the original version (Brazilian).
The Only Two Redeeming Qualities
- This is the longest and most ambitious Video Brinquedo movie, taking slightly more of a risk.
- Like most of Video Brinquedo's movies, the voice acting in the English dub is good. Jason Griffith acts in it as stated below.
- Jason Griffith, the actor for Sonic in Sonic X, acted in this movie
Gladiformers received negative reviews from both critics and audiences. It did okay in Brazil commercially, but bombed internationally.