GTFO (also known as GTFO: Get the Fuck Out) is a 2015 American documentary film, directed by Shannon Sun-Higginson and starring Anita Sarkeesian, about sexism and women in the world of video games. It premiered at SXSW on March 14, 2015. The film was crowdfunded through Kickstarter in 2013, having raised over its goal of $20,000 with $33,706 by 1,404 backers.
As the gaming community has become more diverse, leading to a massive clash of values. Women receive the brunt of the consequences every day. Developers, journalists, and academics discuss discrimination and misogyny in the video game industry.
Why It Needs To GTFO
- It's completely anti-Gamergate as it demonizes video games and gamers.
- Dreadful acting from SJW Anita Sarkeesian.
- Much like most SJW movies, there is pure and simple propaganda.
- The filmmakers of this movie are extremely biased towards the industry they are analyzing; being biased is a huge flaw in the making of a documentary, since this genre should show only objective analysis and facts without expressing personal opinions.
- Terrible soundtrack, even for documentary standards.
Despite GTFO receiving positive reviews from critics, it received extremely negative reviews from audiences.