Fred 2: Night of The Living Fred
Fred 2: Night of The Living Fred is a 2011 made-for-television comedy film that is a sequel to the 2010 film Fred: The Movie, based on the YouTube series, Fred by Lucas Cruikshank. It was directed by John Fortenberry and written by David A. Goodman. It premiered on Nickelodeon on October 22, 2011.
Fred becomes suspicious that his new next door neighbor and music teacher is actually a vampire, so he sets out to prove his theory..
Why It Sucks
- Once again, Fred is an annoying and unlikeable character.
- Very idiotic plot which totally rips off both Rear Window and Disturbia.
- Disturbing imagery, like Fred's manifestation of his music teacher being an alien.
- Fred literally follows his music teacher, Mr. Jake Devlin, around everywhere.
- Kevin is still unlikeable, and states that he bullied Fred in halloween as a child.
- Fred's screaming is extremely ear-grazing.
- Overuse of toilet humor, especially the intro scene where a young kid literally pees in Fred's face!
- The scene where Fred confronts his music teacher in a school auditorium and his theory turns out to be correct and everyone including his Mom, cheers for him, just turned out to be another one of his pointless imagination sequences was just insulting.
- Awful acting, especially from Lucas.
- Bad directing and writing.
- The ending where it is revealed that Mr. Devlin might be a vampire was just cheap.
The Only Redeeming Quality’s
- Bertha and John Cena are tolerable characters in this movie.
- Fred thankfully was able to scare Kevin when he thought he was kidnapping her sister.
Fred 2: Night of the Living Fred received negative reviews but not as negative as the first one.