Fighting the Sky
Fighting the Sky is a 2018 low budget independent science-fiction film produced by Conrad Studios. The film stars Angela Cole, Roger Conners, Jinette Faraj, Judith A. Faraj and Alison Headrick, directed and co-written by Conrad Faraj, and co-written by David Matthew Cummings.
Why It Sucks
- The acting is absolutely horrible. It's like a porn but without the adult content.
- Awful CGI and special effects.
- The rubber alien costumes come off as hilarious, like from a 70s Sid and Marty Krofft children's show.
- Lack of any establishing shots.
- When the characters attempt to infiltrate the hospital, the comedy is so ridiculous that it feels jarring compared to the tone of the rest of the film.
- Hardly any character development. We don't know who these characters are except that they meet up and are looking for aliens.
- Terrible sound quality, it sounds like all of the dialogue was recorded using the camera's in-built microphone instead of a boom mic.
- Overuse of incidental music. It plays too frequently and even at times where it isn't necessary. At times it's too loud and plays over the dialogue.
- The same musical tracks are constantly used.
- Ava Williams (Alison Headrick) first appears speaking with an American accent but later speaks Australian. There's no reason for this and it's inconsistent.
- Scenes that just feature characters talking and screaming over each other.
- The state emergency warning on the radio is a terrible text to speech recording.
- Ava beats to death one of the aliens, but it happens off-screen as we just see the other characters watching.
- It just ends with Lorraine Gardner (Angela Cole) walking into the alien light and being transported to the 1960s and that's it.