Fifty Shades of Black
Fifty Shades of Black is a 2016 comedy movie directed by Michael Tiddes, written by Marlon Wayans. It stars Marlon Wayans, Kali Hawk, Fred Willard, Mike Epps and Affion Crockett. It's supposed to be a parody of the 2015 film Fifty Shades of Grey. The movie was released on January 29, 2016 and was panned by critics and audiences alike.
Christian Black introduces shy college student Hannah Steale to the world of "romance" after she interviews him for her school newspaper. Their kinky relationship stumbles forward despite Christian's shortcomings as a lover and the antics of his racist adoptive mother Claire, his well-endowed brother Eli and Hannah's hyper-sexual roommate Kateesha.
Why It Sucks
- Even though it's making fun of Fifty Shades of Grey, it fails miserably.
- It's incredibly racist, including the title.
- Extreme overuse of toilet humor.
- This movie pretty much recreates each scene, but with humor that isn't funny.
- The characters are NOT funny.
- Bad acting.
- The poster is a blatant rip-off of For Your Eyes Only.
- There is no charm, no heart, no love to this movie overall. Just toilet humor.
- Despite being a parody and comedy, it's somehow less funny than the original. And the funny thing is, Fifty Shades of Grey isn't even a comedy.
- This was Florence Henderson's last film before her death at the age of 82, just 10 months after this film was released.
<gallery position="center" widths="300"> Fifty Shades of Black - movie review|Jeremy Jahns's review