Deep Blue Sea 3
Deep Blue Sea 3 is a 2020 sci-fi horror film with Nathaniel Buzolic, Emerson Brooks and Bren Foster. The film was written by Dirk Blackman and was directed by John Pogue. It is the third installment in the Deep Blue Sea franchise.
Dr. Emma Collins and her science team are spending a Summer holiday on the island of Little Happy doing research on climate change after a group of Great White sharks drops by to give birth to their youth. Meanwhile, her ex-boyfriend leads a "scientific" team to find three Great White sharks. Later, bull sharks show up.
Why It Sucks
- Although the film is kept as an improvement over the second film, it also still retains the same problems as the second film and there are a lot of changes in the third film to the point where it didn't feel like it's a Deep Blue Sea film at all.
- It's still unnecessary, mainly because that the second film has a mess of flaws to the point where it didn't need a sequel. Not to mention the fact that there are many changes to the story compared to the original is sort of not helping with all its other major flaws.
- The acting is still horrendous, much like the second film.
- The story is lousy and nonexistent with unoriginal ideas.
- Just like the second film, many of the characters are very idiotic, unlikable and still lack the charm of the characters from the original.
- The special effects are even worse and make the effects in this film look laughable.
- Like the preceding film, it isn't scary at all. It's just a boring drama based shark survival film.
- It does not ignore the events of the second film.
- There are some practical effects in the film.
- There are human villains in the film which were not featured in the preceding films and their comeuppance of getting eaten by the sharks was original (eg. When a shark bites a villain's head off).
The film holds a 75% "Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 6 reviews with an audience score of 50%, but currently lacks a consensus. On IMDb, the film currently holds a 4.6 out of 10.