Creep 2 is a 2017 American found footage "psychological horror" film directed by Patrick Brice and written by Brice and Mark Duplass. It stars Mark Duplass, Desiree Akhavan and Karan Soni. It is the sequel to the 2014 film Creep.
Why It Sucks
- If you noticed the quotation marks behind "psychological horror," it's because this film is not scary, at all. There is no dread, no suspense, barely any jump-scares (the only ones are from Aaron and Sara, and they all suck), and the tone is absolutely inconsistent. Instead, it more feels like a dark romance drama considering the fact that Aaron somewhat "really really" likes Sara.
- The first film had Aaron die in it, but for some reason, here he is, alive without a scratch.
- The entire film is an another generic "found-footage" film with loads of cliches.
- There's a scene where Aaron is seen fully naked with his penis shown. Apparently, we get a brief appearance Sara's boobs when she becomes naked, but apparently that goes away after a second. So, penises aren't disgusting, but yet boobs are!?
- Aaron's "favorite" song, Sara Likes To Eat Juicy Fruit, is absolutely atrocious to listen to.
- Some scenes pad out for so long, with the worst scenes being Aaron explaining his personality, which goes on for 5 minutes, and then Aaron being in the bath tub, explaining his whole sob story of becoming a murderer, which goes on for 10 minutes.
- Aaron becomes suicidal near the end, without any reason why.
- Terrible, lazy, and uninspiring acting.
- Sara's webseries, Encounters, is losing views, in her view, because of the fact that nobody wants to watch it. Well, maybe they have a reason for it. The webseries itself is actually disturbing, considering the fact that it's all about Sara helping weird people, with one acting like a baby so Sara (who, in particular, is the mother) can hold him.
- The beginning had literally nothing to do with the film, at all. The only thing that ever happens is Aaron going into someone's house, and murdering the person.
- Aaron claims to never lie, but to play around with the facts, which is the same thing as lying.
- Aaron forgets about the whole "I won't kill you in the next 24 hours" thing he brought up at the beginning, and when it was brought up by Sara, he just says "Oh, that will get you in trouble!"
This film is considered to be much weaker than the original by many, especially since the original wasn't that good either.