Cool as Ice
Cool as Ice is a 1991 American romantic musical comedy film directed by David Kellogg and starring rapper Vanilla Ice in his feature film debut.
The film focuses on the character of Johnny Van Owen, a freewheeling, motorcycle-riding rapper who arrives in a small town and meets Kathy, an honor student who catches his eye. Meanwhile, Kathy's father, who is in witness protection, is found by the corrupt police officers he escaped from years ago.
Why it Sucks
- Complete lack of story.
- The film's premise was a failed attempt to cash in on Vanilla Ice's popularity.
- Awful acting, mainly from Vanilla Ice.
- Adding to the above, the costumes overload on the garish colors typical of the early 90s.
- Most of the premise rips off other movies such as Top Gun and Rebel Without a Cause.
- Bizarre editing - most notably when Vanilla Ice and Kristin Minter's characters are hanging around a construction site.
- Cool as Ice - Nostalgia Critic
The Nostalgia Critic's review.
- Vanilla Ice Cool as Ice - JonTron