Chairman of the Board
Chairman of the Board is a 1998 family comedy film directed by Alex Zamm, starring Carrot Top, Larry Miller, Courtney Thorne-Smith, and Raquel Welch. In the film, a surfer and inventor named Edison inherits and runs a billionaire's company.
Edison (Carrot Top) is a poor, failed inventor and surf bum, but soon runs into and befriends wealthy business magnate Armand McMillan (Jack Warden). When Armand passes away shortly thereafter, he leaves Edison the majority of shares in his large invention corporation, angering his jealous nephew and only living relative, Bradford (Larry Miller). So Bradford tries to find a way to ruin Edison's reputation and take over the business.
Why It Sucks
- Clichéd, poorly-written story.
- The main character is an annoying idiot.
- Predictable, unfunny jokes.
- Strange cinematography (overuse of wide-angle close-ups).
- Weak villain (though Larry Miller can get a funny line sometimes).
- Unfunny scenes that drag.
- Tackled-on romance at the end.
The film was poorly received by both critics and audiences. It currently holds 13% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, bombed at the box office and was nominated for two Razzie awards.