CarGo is a 2017 American direct-to-video computer-animated comedy movie produced by The Asylum. This is The Asylum's third animated feature and a rip-off of the Cars movies made by GMW.
A young car learns the importance of family when he embarks on a mission to rescue his father, who's been sent to Clunker Island to be repurposed as scrap metal.
Why It Sucks
- As mentioned earlier, this movie is a rip-off of the Cars franchise by Disney and Pixar, which started in 2006, and had a third film being made around the same time this film came out.
- The car puns are unfunny and boring.
- Poor animation.
- There's a scene where one of the characters pukes oil during class, which is really gross.
- Predictable story.
- The scene set in the theater might count as filler.
- The demolition derby scene looks so much like the one from GMW.
- The camera angles can be nauseating.
- The characters talk with their whole bodies moving.
- The scene where the main character's father gets wrecked by a street racer is brutal, even for a kids' film.
- It wastes talented actors, including Ed Asner and Haley Joel Osment.
- False advertising: Danny's dad is orange on the cover, when in reality he is blue in the movie.
- The music is quite decent.
- There is an unexpected Sharknado reference that is funny, complete with a car looking at the poster while saying "I hated this movie! That's too unrealistic! A tornado full of cars?".
- The character designs are decent for a low-budget movie.
- The voice acting is pretty good.
- CARGO - Official Trailer -HD-
- What the HELL is Cargo? (A Shameless Pixar Rip-off) - A Review
- CarGo (2017) "TRAILER REVIEW" (THE ASYLUM'S WORST MOCKBUSTER??)