Bratz: Super Babyz
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An alien machine mistaken for a simple toy turns the Bratz Babyz into superheroes.
Why It Sucks
- The CGI animation is hard to look at.
- Misleading Cover: The Babyz all have colorful superhero outfits with insignias and everything on the cover, yet in the movie, their outfits are simple.
- The babysitter, or "Gran", is also nothing but tasteless “haha, senility is funny” jokes.
- Why does the matter exchanger device also affect the Babyz hair? (when they get their powers, their hair is free and wild while otherwise it’s styled and in ponytails. In fact, once the Babyz are stripped from their powers, they IMMEDIATELY have their hair tailed and styled again.) The hair thing is never actually brought up, so why even do it?
- The gift store manager immediately assumes a baby (not knowing it’s a disguised alien) is shoplifting just because it was holding a machine that looked like one of the toys available. That is rather irresponsible.
- After the aliens are defeated, the Matter Exchanger itself is never brought up again.
- There’s a side moral on how Cloe shouldn’t cry over things. The Bratz are babies in this movie. Babies naturally cry a lot.
- A show Gran watches involves a joke implying foot fetishism.
- The soundtrack is decent.
- The aliens being potato-like does serve a nice way of helping the Babyz defeat them, in which they have Gran unwittingly scare them off by cooking potato-based foods.
- The scene where the Babyz are in the park at the beginning is a nice way of foreshadowing what powers they get.