Boo 2! A Madea Halloween
Boo 2! A Madea Halloween is a 2017 comedy film by Tyler Perry and is part of the Madea series. It's also a sequel to Boo! A Madea Halloween.
Tiffany goes to a frat party at a haunted campground. Madea, Bam, Hattie, and Joe venture out after her and the group must run for their lives when monsters, goblins, and the boogeyman are unleashed.
Why It Sucks
- The film ignores almost all of the events from the previous film so much so that this film makes it look like the first film wasn’t even made.
- A majority of the jokes come off as awkward.
- Lame jump scares that come off as unfunny.
- Weird and pointless supporting characters, especially the ones at the Halloween party.
- There are scenes that are pretty funny, especially with the scenes of Madea talking about being scared.
- Madea is still funny and no-nonsense.
- Decent acting from the supporting cast.
- The tagline "You scurred?" is amusing.
Boo 2! A Madea Halloween currently holds a 5% "rotten" rating on Rotten Tomatoes with an average of 2.9 out of 10, but lacks a critic consensus. Critic Odie Henderson of RogerEbert.com stated in his review "Like Madea, Perry's getting away with attempted murder." John DeFore of The Hollywood Reporter stated "In the end, the scariest thing about Boo 2! is the idea that A Madea Easter might be next." So far, the only favorable review came from critic Liam Lacey of OriginalCin who stated in his review "The anarchic buffoonery is where the dust shakes off. A long jittery sequence in which the nervous old-timers drive the woods at night, acting both brave and terrified by turns, might even rank up there with Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein."
The film opened up at #1 on its opening weekend grossing $21,226,953. The domestic gross would later go up to $47,319,572. In foreign countries, it made $1,014,360. Overall, the film made $48,333,932 against its $25 million budget.