SpongeBob in Tehran (Unofficial Page)
|This page is being considered for deletion for the following reason: Official page now created|
SpongeBob in Tehran (Persian: باب اسفنجی در تهران; Bab Esfanji Dar Tehran) is a 2017 unfinished Iranian animated comedy bootleg film that is based upon the illegal SpongeBob SquarePants Persian dub, Bab Esfanji. Not much is known about the film, except that it was released in Iran in 2017 and spawned two sequels.
This animated story about the friendship of SpongeBob and Patrick in Tehran. It's interesting to know that Bob and his friend Patrick, who travel to Iran for the first time, catch their attention with their hamburgers until they notice something happening.
Why It Sucks
- Pretty much like the Persian dub this film was based on, it was made without Viacom's permission nor wasn't licensed by the company.
- The film is very short, only lasting about 44 minutes. It doesn't help the fact that the film was left completely unfinished, thus explaining why it ended on a cliffhanger.
- The film's poster is basically a poorly-edited version of the video game SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge.
- The animation is absolutely atrocious and laughable, looking a lot like a cutscene from an early PS1 video game or Vídeo Brinquedo film. There are also countless amounts of animation errors from here to there, and the backgrounds look like they been copied and pasted from the internet.
- There was even one scene where a Krusty Krab costumer eats a Krabby Patty and somehow grown muscles but then later becomes weaker and his eyes starts falling out with black seeds coming out from his mouth, which is very disgusting and distrubing to look at.
- There are also some moments where an object clips through something, such as when the oil tanker runs into an iceberg and breaks in half.
- The opening scene partially uses footage from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, which is basically copyrighted. In fact, it even uses footage from the television series itself.
- The plot is complete nonsense and utterly inconsistent. First off, while SpongeBob and Patrick does visit Iran in the film, the summary mentions the friendship of SpongeBob and Patrick in Iran, but in reality, the film is actually about SpongeBob, Patrick and even Squidward going to Iran because the Krusty Krab ran out of some special sauce for the Krabby Patties (which is Iranian sauce). But what makes matter worse, the film's actual main purpose throws itself out of the window with completely random stuff, making this entire film pointless.
- Contains loads of filler and even scenes that drag on for way too long. Examples given are:
- SpongeBob and his friends going through traffic, which goes on for a solid six minutes.
- SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward eating Iranian food.
- SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward watching a soccer game.
- There was one scene where Mr. Krabs points multiple guns at SpongeBob, after the latter tells him that the Krusty Krab was in danger, which feel very out-of-place for a movie related to SpongeBob.
- The ending was pretty underwhelming due to it ending on a cliffhanger because of the fact the film was uncompleted.
- The film can be good, ironically.
- The voice acting can sound amusing to some.
- At least the characters in this film were not flanderized.