Jaws 19 is a 2015 thriller-horror film that was directed by Max Spielberg. The film was released on October 23, 2015.
Why It Sucks
- The film officially turned the shark movie genre into a totally dead horse, even more than what Revenge did.
- A bizarre and cliché story that has been done better in many other films in general.
- The shark looks really fake, even worse than Jaws: The Revenge. On top of that, the shark looks too cartoony.
- Extremely unlikable characters.
- Unlike the previous film the film has almost no kills from the shark, at all.
- Much like the fourth film it feels more like a soap opera than being a Fall thriller film.
- Most of the shark scenes aren't too scary. The scenes are laughable.
- Horrendus special effects, especially on the sharks.
- Abysmal pacing.
- Horrible acting from a majority of the cast members.
- Its tagline "This time, it's really, REALLY personal" is even more ridiculous than the original "this time, it's personal" tagline from Jaws: The Revenge.
- The soundtrack is pretty good.
The film was panned by critics and fans of the series; critics thought Jaws 19 "lacked the bite" of its eighteen predecessors, and rated it low. The film holds an 11% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 64 reviews.