Blended is a "family"/romantic comedy film directed by Frank Coraci and stars Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler.
After a blind date goes wrong, two people (Sandler and Barrymore) end up taking their families on an African vacation and must learn to get along.
Why it Sucks
- The film tries way too hard to be a family film. The most notable being that Ben's wife is dead and that one of his daughters is still being sad about her and even acts like she's an imaginary friend.
- Very inappropriate for a PG-13 movie, the most notable being the scene where the youngest of Ben's daughters says the "V" word. It should be rated R.
- There's a scene where the family go on a safari and they encounter lions eating a baby bush pig (which mercifully happens off-screen). It tries to be funny but ends up being just sad.
- Very confusing dialogue, like when Ben finds out that the Crocodiles are fake and says, "You just scared a zebra stripe out of my shorts!".
- There's an infamous scene where two rhinos have sex in a "family" movie.
Blended received negative reviews from critics. The film currently holds a 14% "rotten" critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes with an average of 3.9 out of 10 and a critic consensus that reads " blended commits the rare Sandler sin of provoking little more than boredom." However, the audience score is 63%.
Blended opened up at #3 on its opening weekend grossing $14,284,031 domestically. The total domestic gross was $46,294,610. In overseas markets, the film made $81,740,000. Overall, the film made $128,034,610 worldwide against its $40 million budget making it a box office disaster.
Awards and nominations
The film was nominated for three Golden Raspberry Awards including Worst Actor for Adam Sandler, but failed to win any Awards.